Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds
Learn to Save a Life:
The Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds course is primarily for firearm instructors, home owners/defenders and police officers any of whom may suddenly find themselves in the position of providing initial care and stabilization of a gunshot wound victim. This is MUST HAVE class for all Firearms Instructors.
Someone that is bleeding excessively from a gunshot or similar wound has as little as 90 seconds to live. Don't just stand there—learn the techniques anyone can use to buy the precious time needed until EMS arrives. No prior first aid or medical training is needed! In this course you will learn some of the following and much more:
- Situational Safety & Security Considerations
- Treatment of Massive Bleeding
- Treatment of Airway Obstructions
- Treatment of a Tension Pneumothorax
- Needle Decompression of a Tension Pneumothorax
- Tourniquet Staging & Use
- Use of M.A.R.C.H. concept for battlefield medicine.
- P.A.W.S. application & concerns.
- Differences between SOFTT, SWAT-T, RAT & CAT Tourniquets
- When to Pack wounds and use Hemostatic Agents
- Treatment of Evisceration Injuries
- Building your Blowout kit / IFAK
- Other issues firearms instructors & gun owners should know and be concerned with.
Attendees will receive live instruction, a 133 page U.S. Army TCCC Handbook PDF, hands-on demonstrations, and Course Certificate.
Register today before seats are sold out.
This is NOT a general First-Aid & CPR class, however we highly suggest getting certified in general First-Aid, CPR & AED also. This course specifically covers gunshot wounds, stopping massive bleeding, airway obstructions, and trauma associated with the same. Plus other major concerns for firearms instructors on the range.
November 17, 2021 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
$75.00 per person