SAFTEA Precision Rifle
The goal of the Second Amendment Firearms Training & Education Association's “Precision Rifle” course is to provide the already solid based student with more advanced longer distance theory and refined shooting skills. This is not a defensive class. These series of classes are not designed for the beginner rifle shooter. The student must have a good working understanding of their rifle and optics. The shooters equipment must be able to hold a minimum of 1 MOA at 100 yards and must be zeroed. A number of topics will be covered in “Precision Rife", these include but are not limited to:
- Human mechanics while shooting
- Understanding basic ballistics
- Reading weather conditions
- Compensation for variables while shooting
- Specialized equipment
- Optics and how they work
- How to keep DOPE books and use the information
- Tall and square live fire tests
- Dialing in at 100 yards Required Equipment
- A rifle system and ammunition capable of a 1" MOA at 100 yards.
- The shooter must be able to consistently hold a 3" MOA at 100 yards
- 250 rounds of quality ammunition
- Shooting mat
- Shooting bag or bi-pod
- Spotting scope
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs required).
- Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Baseball Cap Course
Length of Course: 16 Hours.
There are short breaks and a lunch break throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills.
October 6 & 7 2018 - $300