SAFTEA F.A.S.T. Carbine Instructor Course
The goal of the Second Amendment Firearms Training & Education Association's “F.A.S.T Carbine Instructor” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of Carbines "Fundamentals and Safety Training", a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as the shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm – in this case a Carbine. F.A.S.T Carbine is specifically designed to provide a person new to shotguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a convenient 4 to 8 hour course.
The SAFTEA Instructor level courses are designed to teach the experienced shooter/instructor, how to present the SAFTEA courses to the general public using the SAFTEA MOI as a basis for instructional methods and techniques. This course also encompasses the proper running of the range portions of the class and the best practices for achieving the maximum amount of learning from the students.
A number of topics will be covered in “F.A.S.T Carbine Instructor”.
These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a Carbine
- Operation of Carbines
- Operation of a various types of Carbines
- Working With A Natural Defensive Stance
- Clearing Common Carbine Stoppages
- Progressive Shooting Drills
- Selecting a Carbine and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Carbines
- A modern, serviceable semi-auto Carbine
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 150 Rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only.
- Magazine Carrier
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Sturdy Belt
- Baseball Cap
- Must posses outstanding firearm handling safety skills
- SAFTEA F.A.S.T. Carbine student class.
- Within 3 months obtain First Aid, CPR and AED Certification (National or State recognized organization)-(Must be up to date.)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Resident with valid Green Card. (ITAR)
- Must speak, write and understand English
- Must be able to legally posses firearms under both Federal and State laws.
Jun 8, 2019 - Jun 9, 2019
08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Defensive Strategies, LLC
712 Mast Road (2nd Floor)
Manchester, NH 03102
Range Portion to be Held at:
Londonderry Fish and Game
5 Lund Street
Litchfield, New Hampshire 03052