SAFTD Women's Defensive Handgun 1
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's Women's Defensive Handgun 1 course is to provide the women with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun safety, types of handguns, understanding ammunition and how it functions, shooting fundamentals and an introduction to defensive shooting skills. This class also addresses specific women issues when carrying a firearm for personal protection. Covered also are selection of an appropriate defensive firearm and holster, concealed carry clothing, security and special concerns with carrying a firearm both on and off-body.
A woman new to the use of a firearm for personal defense, typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the use of a firearm – in this case a handgun – to defend themselves, their family or someone in their charge. Women's Defensive Handgun 1 is specifically designed to provide a person new to handguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn those skills.
A number of topics will be covered in Women's Defensive Handgun 1 – Introduction to the Defensive Use of a Handgun.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Safe storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a double-action revolver.
- Basic components of a semi-automatic pistol.
- Operation of a double-action revolver.
- Operation of a single and a double-action semi-automatic pistol.
- Selecting a pistol and ammunition.
- Working from a defensive stance.
- Finding your balance of speed and precision.
- Clearing common pistol stoppages.
- Progressive shooting drills.
- Integrating The Color Code into your life.
- Deadly force definition and legal matters.
- Definition of cover and concealment.
- Cleaning and maintain your pistol.
Required equipment needed is:
- A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun (semi-automatic highly recommended).
- Ear and eye protection (electronic ear protection preferred).
- A strong side holster. For safety reasons, our classes will use strong side holsters only! No cross draws, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, appendix or small of the back carry holsters. Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters, which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in SAFTD classes. The ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement and Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use.
- Semi-automatic pistol or double action revolver .38 special or 9mm or above. No pocket guns or holsters such as the Keltec PF9, Ruger LCP etc. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and reholstering repeatedly. You need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
- 150 rounds of ammunition: factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo such as RIP ammo.
- Two extra functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers).
- Two magazine carriers.
- Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing.
- Bottled water or hydration system.
- Comfortable but supportive shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long pants and a shirt, no low cut necklines please.
- Sturdy belt that supports weight of gun.
- Baseball cap.
Jan 28, 2017 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM: $150
Defensive Strategies, LLC
712 Mast Road (2nd Floor)
Manchester, NH 03102